In partnership with Project 351 and the Massachusetts Military Heroes Foundation (MMHF), Maynard High Schooler, Aurora Estabrook is collecting donations to put together care packages for Massachusetts troops overseas and local homeless veterans. Project 351 is a grassroots, youth-led, school-based movement for positive change through service since 2012. And formally launched on Memorial Day, 2009, the MMHF was created to help families of fallen service members with ties to Massachusetts who have died as a result of active duty service, post 9-11 .
There are two donation boxes that community members can use: one in the main lobby at Town Hall and one near the front entrance of Maynard High School. Aurora will be collecting donations of the following items until September 5th:
- Instant powdered drink mixes, such as powdered lemonade and Gatorade – must be single-serve or travel-sized only
- Travel-size/single-serve instant coffee (not decaf)
- Instant powdered creamer (again, single serve or travel-sized only)
- Bubble gum and chewing gum
- Patriotic cards and letters of gratitude
- Gift cards of any denomination for stores (i.e. Target, Walmart, and sporting goods stores). These cards are a high priority of the New England Center & Home for Veterans, and will support homeless veterans transitioning into permanent housing. The gift cards will allow Veterans to purchase basic necessities as they move into a new home.