Mandatory Level 1 Water Conservation Restriction is now in effect.
As stated in Special Condition 8 of the Massachusetts Water Management Acts permit, the Maynard Public Water Supply is required to implement and enforce a non-essential outdoor water use restriction starting May 1, 2018 through October 1, 2018.
Under the Level 1 Water Use Restriction, non-essential outdoor water use is prohibited between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Examples of nonessential outdoor water uses include but are not limited to:
- Uses that are not required for health or safety reasons.
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems;
- Washing of vehicles other than by means of a commercial car wash, except as necessary for operator safety; and
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalks, except as necessary to apply paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement.
Examples of acceptable outdoor water uses include:
- Irrigation to establish a new lawn during the months of May and September;
- Irrigation of lawns, gardens, flowers, and ornamental plants via hand-held hoses only; and
- Irrigation of public parks and recreational fields before 9:00 AM and after 5:00 PM.
This conservation measure will be strictly enforced with fines of up to $200 per day.
For any questions regarding this notice, please call the Maynard DPW Office at (978) 897-1317.
For more information on how you can help to conserve water, visit the Massachusetts Energy and Environmental Affairs Water Conservation website: https://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/massdep/water/watersheds/water-conservation.html.