The Town of Maynard Facilities Department is accepting applications for the position of a full-time Custodian. This position will primarily be responsible to ensure that building occupants have a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place to learn, play, work and develop. Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager or designee, performs a variety of tasks involving general care of the facilities and grounds; the work involves cleaning, repair and maintenance.
Must be able to work independently, possess strong problem solving abilities and be detailed oriented.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Must be a High School graduate and have two (2) years’ experience in custodial, grounds, maintenance or related field; experience in a municipal setting and in dealing with the public strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software including Microsoft Office and Email.
- Must have the ability to tactfully deal with all building occupants.
- Ability to work independently and interact professionally with other team members.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of industrial cleaning equipment, materials and procedures related to maintaining a variety of site facilities and grounds work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application procedure: A detailed job description is available at the DPW Office. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Asst. Facilities Manager, 195 Main Street, Maynard, MA 01754, or via email to [email protected] .