Maynard High School Auditorium
1 Tiger Drive, 6:00-8:00PM.
State Representative Kate Hogan, Chair of the Joint Committee on Public Health, is hosting a panel of distinguished public servants discussing the opioid epidemic currently faced by our towns, our region and the Commonwealth.
States around the country are grappling with the epidemic of painkiller and heroin abuse, which was responsible for 24,000 overdose deaths nationwide in 2013. In Massachusetts, opioid-overdose deaths have risen sharply; with 1,256 in 2014. Prescription drug abuse and opioid addiction affects all members of our community.
Please join us to hear from prevention and treatment experts, law enforcement officials, as well as state and local leaders regarding what we can do as a community to aid in long-term recovery and deal effectively with this public health crisis.
Panelists will include:
· Honorable Marian T. Ryan, Middlesex County District Attorney
· Honorable Paula M. Carey, Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Trial Court
· Chief Mark W. Dubois, Maynard Police Department
· Marcy Julian, Regional Manager at Learn to Cope, Parent
· Richard Ellbeg, Director of Emergency Services and ICU, Nashoba Valley Medical
For additional information please contact Representative Hogan’s office at 617-722-2130 or [email protected]